Friday, February 20, 2009

Oh Dear Friends


Check out a track from Ted Leo, prior to The Pharmacists era. "Oh Dear Friends" by Chisel, leads me to a cause in Los Angeles, this blog is involved in. Please read more below.

"Oh Dear Friends" by Chisel

Download via YSI or zShare

Chisel music available at iTunes.

Hi Everyone,
I hope you are all well. I'm writing to you, because we've been trying to come up with a way to effectively and creatively help a good friend in need. A few weeks ago, I was having dinner with my fiancee Vanessa, and we noticed an amber alert on tv. It turns out the woman in question, is related to a friend of ours, already facing hard times, much like the rest of us. The woman in the amber alert had left a suicide note, for her and her two kids (http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Amber-Alert-Issued-for-Mom-Children.html). Luckily, she did not go through with it, and the children are fine.
Our friend in need, without hesitation, has taken in his sister's two young boys, in addition to the two daughters he already has. He has been out of work since last October, and had already been struggling to make ends meet, a task that has become twice as hard now.
What I am proposing to you, is my spin on a 'fundraiser'. Attached is an Oscar Ballot for this Sunday's Academy awards. I am asking that you fill out the ballot, and submit $5 to the pool. 100% of these proceeds will go towards helping this family in need. The twist? The winner of this contest, who was the most correct Oscar predictions, will be awarded my services for a full afternoon of the winner's choice.
I am offering myself up to do that chore you've been putting off, or your deep seeded desire to see me humiliate myself...i.e., standing on an off-ramp in hot pants and bunny ears, with a sign that says 'Honk if you're into role-playing', an example off the top of my head. I would do it, because this cause is worthy.
So please fill out the attached ballot. You can simply 'bold' highlight your picks, and email it back to me. Please include your name on each ballot. You can also send the $5 to this email, via paypal. I will even spare you the boredom of watching this year's Oscars (hosted by Hugh Jackman?), and send everyone live updates with who is winning the pool, via email and/or text messaging.
So, you can have me at your humiliating disposal for the small cost of $5! While helping a generous family man in need. I understand we're all feeling the pinch these days, but please find it in your heart to contribute.

Loving Thanks,
Leonard


Please email lengonzales@yahoo.com for ballot and paypal fee.

No comments: