Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Vote For McCain


(Meghan on the left, hanging out with someone who isn't "elitist")

So, the bratty, blogger product of John & Cindy McCain, Meghan McCain is trying to prove to everyone that she's not a narrow minded Republican. She even likes 'punk rock', and things you and me would like. Here's an excerpt from her blog, detailing how she would like suggestions about her next tattoo, to commemorate her time on the road, campaigning with America's Grumpy Old Man:

"I am still trying to figure out what tattoo I should get to commemorate my time on the trail. I feel like I am finally ready to commit to some new ink. So far "McCain" in gothic letters on the back of my neck is winning my unofficial survey. Please write in with any suggestions and I will take pics when I finally chose an artist to ink me up!" Feel free to post here if you have any suggestions...I have a few, but they seem too long to fit onto her self proclaimed 'plus size' neck.

Suggestions can be sent HERE. You can also check out her blog HERE, which details her love of The Yeah Yeah Yeahs, The Damned, Trail of Dead, and The Constantines. I wonder what said bands would really think if they knew that this spawn of impotent privilege and conservatism was such a huge fan? Oh wait, didn't I learn anything from the election? Can't say anything bad about them because they have Jesus on their side, and John McCain was in a prison camp.

On a musical note, Foreign Born will be releasing "Person to Person" on June 23rd, available for pre-order on Insound, here. Their complex pop sensibilities have deservedly earned the band opening spots for Grizzly Bear. Check out the video for "Blood Oranges" below. Given this album propels this band to the heights they deserve, Meghan McCain could possibly love it too!


"Blood Oranges"



Download via YSI or MediaFire

Foreign Born music available at Amazon.

CLICK HERE for front page and full list of track postings.

No comments: