Tuesday, April 13, 2010

"You, Flock of Seagulls..."


I remember the balmy night in NYC back in 2003, when I first heard "Losing My Edge", like it was yesterday. I remember the feeling of astonishment of hearing the 8 minute opus, detailing such relevant music, like a Wikipedia page, before my ears. Seven years later, and three official albums later, LCD Soundsystem is still relevant and educational to my senses.

The evolution of the band's sound from a primarily "Dance, Disco-Punk" label received from many earlier in the decade, is no better showcased than on "This Is Happening", which will be released via DFA/Virgin Records on May 17th next month. You can pre-order the album at Amazon.

From the David Byrne-esque delivery in the opening bars of "Dance Yrself Clean", to the furious beats coupled with James Murphy's spoken word style crooning on tracks like "Pow Pow", this latest LCD effort shows that the band can still deliver dance infused pop, while simultaneously showing off their 80's influenced incarnate pop standards. Check out the last track on the album, "Home" below.

"Home" by LCD Soundsystem

Download via YSI or zShare

Purchase LCD Soundsystem music at Amazon

CLICK HERE for front page and full list of track postings.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I feel like I am listening to a quality Talking Heads song. I will have to pick this CD up if it can match half of their past work, or this song.