Friday, April 24, 2009

I & W


I decided to give up drinking for Lent one year. The year was 2004, I believe. It was especially worse, because it was a leap year, which added the one one extra day to February, which seemed like an eternity. On Easter Sunday, I proceeded to drink a 12 pack of Miller High Life to end this 41 day drought. What followed was a drunken, loud mouthed mess. Until I remembered I had tickets to see Iron & Wine at The Knitting Factory that night. I strongly remember how the hush and calm of Sam Beam that night really snapped me out of being a belligerent jerk, much like a distracted 5 year old kid. I think he still has that effect on me. Check out two tracks from the upcoming "Around The Well" double disc collection, available for preorder from Insound here.

"Loud as Hope" by Iron & Wine

Download via YSI or zShare

"Morning" by Iron & Wine

Download via YSI or zShare

Iron & Wine music available on iTunes.

CLICK HERE
to go to front view and full list of track listings

No comments: